Take a tour of the vast world of Indian and Nepali specialty teas! From Darjeeling in the towering Himalayas to Assam on the banks of the mighty Brahmaputra River, this sampler box covers South Asia’s iconic tea origins. Included are six premium teas, two tea bags of each type, all sourced from sustainable pioneers working to drive change.
Teas in this box (2 sachets of each type):
- Organic Earl Grey: Our rendition of the world’s most popular blend is made with a light black tea enhanced by bergamot oil’s citrus zip. The base is single-origin Organic Kumaon Black, sourced from a remote Himalayan village where we’re working to launch their region’s first farmer-owned tea factory.
- Organic Indian Breakfast: Our twist on the classic English Breakfast combines two black teas, delivering a balanced cup full of complexity. The strength from our malty Organic Assam Black is complemented by a burst of sweet, tart fruit from the Organic Kumaon Black.
- Organic Darjeeling: Grown in Mt. Everest’s shadow, this fruity black is the best of Darjeeling—the world’s most iconic tea region. While its juicy body is traditional for the Darjeeling region, the story behind it is anything but. It’s created by a rare partnership between a farmer group and an established estate working together to create sustainable livelihoods for farmers.
- Organic Golden Black:This rich, single-origin black tea has heavenly aromas of chocolate and luscious honey. It’s made by Tinjure, Nepal’s first tea co-op, whose members are supporting other Himalayan communities to grow organic tea
- Organic Gunpowder Green: Also made by Tinjure, the tightly wound pearls of this tea unfurl to release fresh, vibrant flavors that erupt out of the cup. Its complex aromas—from vegetal, to oceanic, to citrus—are best explored by steeping the same leaves at least twice.
- Organic Kumaon White: This organic white has a juicy body and fresh, lingering finish. Made just as the tea plants wake from winter dormancy, this tea comes from the Himalayan village where we’re partnering with local communities to launch a farmer-owned tea factory.
There are no reviews yet.